So I felt like making something good today! I tried making a cake I have never made before, but that has been one of my favourite cakes for as long as I can remember: “suksesskake”. It consists of an almond base and yellow butter cream.
I followed a recipe I found at Tine Meieri’s webpages, but they said the cake was supposed to be done after 45 minutes, and when I checked it at 25 minutes it was all done! This made me worry that the cake was ruined as the cake was also very thin, but after a tip from my dad I punched small round cakes out of the big one and put two on top of each other with buttercream in the middle. It both looked great and tasted really yummy!
Here’s the recipe:
4 egg whites
150 g roughly chopped almonds
150 g confectioner’s powder
1) Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks
2) Carefully mix the almonds and confectioner’s powder into the eggs
3) Place in a 24cm round baking tin and bake for 20-25 minutes
4) Cool on a rack. Make the buttercream while the cake is cooling
1 dl cream
125 g sugar
4 egg plums
The seeds of 1 vanilla pod
150 g soft butter
1) Add all the ingredients but the butter in a pot and cook at medium heat while stirring until it starts thickening.
2) Remove the pot from the stove and let it cool until lukewarm
3) Stir in the soft butter
Now you can either just add the buttercream to the top of the cake or make small cakes like I did. You may use cups/glasses or anything like that to punch them out.
Have a lovely Friday everyone!